General Membership Meeting
August 28, 2018
NOTE: These minutes are also available online at www.lmeaonline.org.
President A. Avellino called the meeting to order at 10:10am.
A. Avellino thanked Chris Santa Maria for his years of LMEA service.
A. Avellino introduced the 2017-18 LMEA Officers
A.Avellino made a motion to approve the May general membership minutes—1st A. Thomas; 2nd D. Mandarino. Passed.
D. Mandarino made a motion to approve the Treasurer report; 1st A. Thomas; 2nd Mike Stettner. Passed
PACE: M. Stettner gave an update. Forms will be sent out to the membership if you currently do not contribute to PACE. Members can contribute through payroll deductions.
CNC Report: R. Loue reported on the grievance that has been filed by LMEA regarding the district’s application of the new language in the contract. Advised the membership to submit any course work completed for salary advancement by the October 10 deadline.
Guest Speaker - Jeff Ney: PSEA Treasurer
PSEA membership is the strongest, most influential union in the state. Electing pro-education politicians is vital health of the profession.
Guest Speaker: Steve Stevenoski
Overview of his teaching experience in Wisconsin when Scott Walker was elected. Unions were disbanded and the education of children and the working conditions for educators has been deeply impacted.
- The new contract is being revised and will be posted on online when completed.
- There are NO blackout dates for the 2018-19 school year
- E. Demkin will be holding information sessions throughout the year to educated members on the changes to health care in year 3 of the contract (2019-20). A. Avellino encouraged members to become educated on options in preparation for the May open enrollment period.
- Contractual hours- Professional and Support staff should not be working outside of contractual hours if they are not being compensated.
- Contact information
- Aimee Avellino 610-757-5051 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Victor Fedeli 610-331-8015. email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Kelly Cenicola, Secretary Professional