An exciting program for PSEA-NEA members
Quality personal legal services at a 30 percent savings!
Personal Legal Services is a PSEA-NEA program designed to provide all members of PSEA and its affiliates with high quality personal legal services or mediation services at significant savings.
If you are a member of PSEA or its affiliates you and the members of your immediate family are eligible for the program.
Explanation of Benefits:
- You are entitled to two free consultations annually of up to one-half hour each. These much be on two different matters. The attorney or mediator does not get paid for this consultationn. It is provided as a services to PSEA and its members.
- If the problem can be solved with a phone call or letter, the services is free. Your attorney or mediator will tell you when this is possible. You will be told when the free consultation is over and when charges begin.
- You are eligible for a 30 percent reduction in attorney fees or mediator services if additional service is required. The normal fee and reduced fee will be provided in advance. PSEA cannot guarantee that the discounted fee will be the lowest in the area, only that it is 30% lower than the fee normally charged by that attorney or mediator
- In all cases, you learn the rate for legal or mediation services charged before service is rendered.
- You have access to the services of retained attorneys or mediators who are accountable to PSEA for quality service. The attorneys or mediators who agree to participate in the program are not required to serve you nor are you obliged to retain them.
Coverage: The personal Legal Services Program covers almost any personal, non-employment related legal need you or your family members might have.
- Preparation of a will
- Buying or selling a home
- Settling an estate
- Filing for personal bankruptcy
- Obtaining a divorce
It does not cover legal services for business dealings, business bankruptcies, or defense of criminal violations (other than traffic violations in which financial liability exceeds $50).
Contact the nearest PSEA region field office. A staff member will verify your membership and put you in touch with the attorney or mediator.
For your convenience, the addresses and telephone numbers of the region offices are listed below.
601 Bethlehem Pike, Bldg. C
Montgomeryville, PA 18936
(800) - 492 - 2727
(215) - 853 - 2100
The goal of PSEA's Legal Division is to provide timely, accurate, and quality services to members and the organization.
We do this by setting and maintaining high standards within the division and by utilizing broad and diverse resources, such as efficient use of the organization's finances, use and integration of technology, cooperation with other divisions within the organization, and assistance from trained associate staff.
While all attorneys specialize in labor and education law, each has and will continue to develop personal areas of expertise. We operate in an atmosphere of collegiality, individual excellence and initiative.
Finally, our commitment extends not only to our membership and our organization, but also to the preservation and improvement of public education.
Leadership for Public Education
400 North Third Street
PO Box 2225
Harrisburg, PA 17105-2225
(717) - 255 - 7000
(800) - 944 - 7732
Ext. 7025, 7046, 7056 or 7029