- Support Staff
Employees shall be granted up to five (5) personal days each year. The first three (3) of these days will be with full pay and the last two (2) shall be at half (1/2) pay.
Employees shall be granted up to five (5) personal days each year. The first three (3) of these days will be with full pay and the last two (2) shall be with pay, but minus $100 per day.
- Employees shall not be granted personal days on a day(s) immediately preceding or following a school holiday(s) without approval of the Superintendent. Employees who wish to seek Superintendent approval must complete a Special Considerations Form and forward it to the Human Resources Department a minimum of a week in advance. The Superintendent's decision is binding and not grievable. The Superintendent's authority shall include any decision involving whether the personal day immediately precedes or follows a school holiday.
- Not more than ten percent (10%) of the total number of employees in the School District shall be granted personal leave on the same day.
- Employees requesting personal leave shall:
- Record the absence in AESOP three (3) days before the personal day.
- If unable to give notice, due to an emergency, the employee shall record the absence as "emergency personal" in AESOP and complete a Special Considerations form within three (3) days of his/her return to work.
- If not used by the employee, all unused personal days, shall be added each year to his/her accumulated sick leave.
- An employee who fails to give proper notice under Section D above, shall have a day, or days, salary deducted from his or her salary. In addition, the employee shall receive a written warning that failure to comply with the policies of the School District could result in dismissal.
- An employee who does not work the full work schedule as shown on the calendar for his/her respective position will receive a prorated portion of personal days. The proration will be determined by the number of days worked as compared to the number of days in the work calendar for the employee's position.
- Staff is expected to attend Open House even when a personal day is approved for that day.