Leave Because of Maternity
- Employees who become pregnant and who file a written request with the Director of Human Resources shall be granted a maternity leave at a time to be determined by the employee's physician.
- Such leave shall continue for thirty (30) calendar days after childbirth and employees shall return to work on the next school day thereafter unless:>
- The employee's doctor certifies in writing that the employee is able to return to work on an earlier date, in which case that earlier date will mark the end of the maternity leave; or
- The employee's doctor certifies in writing that a medical complication has arisen, stemming from the pregnancy or childbirth, which temporarily prevents the employee from returning to work on the thirty-first (31st) calendar day. In such cases, the maternity leave shall continue until the employee's doctor certifies in writing that the employee is able to return to work, and that later date shall mark the end of the maternity leave.
- Disabilities caused or contributed to by pregnancy, childbirth and recovery thereafter shall make the employee eligible for all benefits of this Agreement under the same terms and conditions as any other ill or disabled employee.
- Barring complications to which reference is made in Section B2 above, the employee shall return to service on the thirty-first (31st) calendar day after childbirth and, upon return, shall provide to the Director of Human Resources a medical certificate signed by the attending physician attesting to the individual's medical fitness to return to work.
- Nothing in this Agreement shall prohibit any female employee from requesting and being granted an unpaid leave of absence at any time during pregnancy according to Article 19 hereof.
If you have any question please contact Aimee Avilleno